Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, we just want you to know that you are in our prayers daily and we are sending you our best wishes and most positive energy. Cancer is totally beatable and with the great support you'll have from your family and friends you aren't going to be alone. Stay strong! Love, Suzie
Uncle Lee- just wanted to let you know you are in our prayers and we are thinking about you lots! Hope everything goes well in Denver tomorrow! we will be checking the blog often for updates! Mark- great idea with the blog! this way we dont have to bug my mom everyday for updates! keep us posted!
(Sorry this automatically posts me as Rob Dog! This is Robyn(Beardshall) and Steve Dahl)
Hi Lee and Jeri! Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. Let us know how things are going in Denver and PLEASE do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything you need. Much love, Lisa and Family
Hi Lee & Jeri, We just want you to know that you're in our thoughts and prayers every day!!! Mark, what a great idea this was!!! Poor Dave, leave him alone. Jenn
Lee and Jeri, We are thinking of you and your family. Our prayers are with each of you. Vivian told me about the blog. Mark, thanks for doing this...it is so nice to know what is happening with Lee. Love Pat and Ted
Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, Just wanted you to know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything that we can do on our end please let us know. Love, Cindy
Lee & Jeri: We are praying for you daily and put your names in the Salt Lake and Jordan River Temples. Please let us know if there is something else we can do. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love, Roger and Joanne
How did Lee's tests go last night? Are they going to be able to start the Chemo soon? Is Lee feeling any stronger after getting the fluids at the emergency room before he left? Also, is he at the same hospital that he was originally going to start the Chemo? What time in the morning yesterday did this all start? And what was the sequence of the ambulance, plane and helocopter rides? I know I'm full of questions, but being in the medical field for 20 years will do that to you. I love you all and definately care about what's going on. Once again your whole family are in our constant prayers. We hope you have a better day than yesterday. A special motto we try to live by:
"We don't Believe in Miracles, We Depend on Them." All our love,Vivian & Dean
Lee,Jeri,& Family, Ken & I are thinking of you constantly and wish that there is something we could do to help. We wait anxiously for updates. We love you all, RaNae & Ken
I think I might have this figured out! I am at the hospital right now, I am trying to keep germs away from Lee so I am just in the waiting room today. Everything is going really well. Jeri and I are in a Hotel that is not very far away from the Hospital. Lee looked very good yesterday and as always was more concerned for other that for himself. He was tired from all the excitment but they are taking very good care of him. He is in isolation till they make sure he did't bring any bugs from the other Hospital. They require all of us going in to put on gloves and robes and they remove them when we come out. This is to protect the other patient. I just realized that mabey I should be writing this in the other area instead of in messages, sorry. They told us they needed to do a few more test and would hopefully start the chemo today. We will post more about that later.
Hi Uncle Lee!!! Glad to hear you're having a much better day today. I have to admit hearing about a family member not feeling well, and being life flighted out puts a damper on your day. It doesn't matter what distractions you might have, your mind automatically reverts back to it wondering, praying & hoping all day. What a relief it is to hear you're having a better day and able to be up & moving around. Keep up the good work. Our family is no secret to receiving miracles. How's aunt Jeri holding up? I think it's always hardest on the spouse. Please give her my love. Jenn
I hope your white blood cells are treating you well today, and that you had a nice flight. You know I've always wondered what life flight is like. Do they still do the safety speech before take off? Do they give peanuts or just the oxygen?
Sam and Rosey got buzz cuts today in a show of solidarity. I'm glad that most of the posts have been from well wishers and not Dave makerfunnerof-ers. Of course there is not much to work with...my devastating good looks, superior intelect, chiseled abs, and, of course, deep humility.
Thanks to Mark for setting this up. And Dad, when you get your laptop setup, I don't want you blowing all of your day trading profits on on-line poker.
How did your first Chemo go? Did you have any bad side effects from it? Have you been able to get any rest. I know all the "Well-Do-ers" keep interupting any rest you might be trying to get. I think there is someone who stands "Look-Out" to see it you're resting and they signal others to come and bug you. I just know it! I think it's a conspiracy, don't you? You are always on my mind and I wish I could be there to give Jeri Hugs and Support. Mostly the hugs, cause I'm the "Designated Hugger in the family". Once again please remember you are all in our thoughts and prayers and we love you! Vivian
Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri! I just barely got Mark's e-mail with the blog address and I am so glad that he started this! We too and thinking of you and praying for you! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I don't know if you have to replace the stores of blood or platelets that they give you, I've heard of people having to do that before, if you do, just let us know how you have to do it and we will be happy to help. Love, Heidi Grimshaw
Jeri, It was so nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are being taken care of. Because It didn't only happen to Lee, It happened to you too. Please take care of yourself so you don't get sick. I care, cause I been there. Love ya, Vivian
I just finished reading Suzie's suggestion for the 9th ward cartoons. I'm still teary eyed from laughing so much!!! They were great. Thanks for throwing that out thers Suz!!! Uncle Lee, Glad to hear you're in good spirits as well as Aunt Jeri. We'll look forward to visiting as we can. Have a wonderful night, Jenn
Dear Ones, I enjoyed talking to Jeri this morning. Stu is very concerned and asks if I've heard from you every day. I let the Youngs know about the blog so you should be hearing more from them soon. Of course we send prayers to heaven for you and fasted as a family. I can't help but think that the beautiful green we are enjoying is the color for healing. We couldn't ask for more. I would like to know how we can help with the apartment or the bills. Do the kids have an account set up or anything?
Hey Lee and Jeri, Just wanted you to know that my family's thoughts and prayers are with you. We are just an hour away in the Springs. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. If it is OK sometime next week I would like to come up and say hi. I am not sure of the hospital protocol however. I will try to call and check in. Much Love, Mike, Risa and Patrick...unborn baby sends love too!
I hope you are holding up well in the hospital. I know it can be hard being all cooped up. It sounds like you are in a great facility and that everyone is taking great care of you. If it's any consolation, it is cold and windy in Wyoming today. Have a great day.
I'm glad mom and the doctors think you're gorgeous. I hope you like the shirts. They didn't have the right size for the AC/DC shirts. I was bummed. But...just for the record, For those about to rock, I salute you.
We feel a little guilty about going on vacation, but we are grateful you are doing so well. My voice is back, so I hope I'll be able to stop in when we get back.
I just found out about the blog. This is a great idea. I just wanted you to know that I love you and that we are praying for you. Love Elaine and Kimball
From Max and Linda We have been to the blog site and read everything. We are very grateful that this is set up. We spent last evening with Kotters at a common friend's wedding. They are concerned too, and when I finish, I will call and be sure that they know about the site. We have had you in our prayers, all of you. So glad to hear that you, Lee, are doing better. The positive news uplifts us with hope. ALooks like they have a good plan for you. Max, of course wants to not bother you but share with you some of the things he has learned. He wants Mark to look up the following things on the internet and give the information to Lee when he is interested. It is all things that have helped him. It is all stuff that makes your immune system work its best so that you can fight the cancer. Some actually fights the cancer. He suggests #1 that Mark look up Dr. JoAnna Budwig, a German biophysicist and her work. Basically she recommends flax seed oil mixed with cottage cheese or yogurt. (Linda's comment: The whole world now is beginning to see the link between the wrong kinds of fats and inflammation and disease. Flaxseed oil is one of the better omega3, monounsaturated fats.) #2 Look up the powerful effects of antioxidants in natural foods. #3 Wheat grass juice as a cancer fighter. #4 Garlic, ditto #5 Avoid saturated fats like a plague. Avoid refined sugars. Avoid trans fats. They will feed you marjarine in the hospital. Leave it alone. If you, Mark, will just spend a little time collecting the best of what is out there and print it out for your dad, Max will be oh so grateful.
Jeri, when you have time and want to talk, give me a buzz and I will visit with you, or both of you as long as you like. I found that when Max has been severely ill, that I have been unable to do much else except be there with him. I think the kids are wonderful to have set up the apartment for you. Our Heavenly Father will bless them as they bless you.
So I figured I would take a few minutes out of my rigorous work routine and make a note to Mom and Dad about how much I apreciate what THEY've done for ME.
I thought I might start with mentioning the fact that they gave me life. I guess that is a pretty important one because I would not be writing this if they hadn't.
I find myself wondering if they had any doubts as I was growing in the womb about what they were thinking and how they were ever going to make the house payment or put food on the table. I wonder how many nights Dad stumbled out of bed at unholy hours of the morning only to find a stinky present in my diaper. I wonder how many times I peed on my mother before she silently cursed me under her breath. Later in life I acommodated them by relieving myself in the garbage can or on Mr Keel's trees.
Dad never had a tool in his tool box, and spoons mysteriously disapeared becuase, as you know, these items make precise digging instruments. Don't worry, we threw the real digging tools over Mr Keel's fence or onto the roof in order to get out of digging dandelions.
I remember spray painting the wall of the garage, because red was such a vibrant color, and the garden hose only stretched to about the middle of the street, after that you had to drop the hose and make an alternative evasive action.
Oh the times we had throwing beets and dirt clods, whatever happened to be available. And I made sure to throw my "dry clean only" suit into the laundry hamper each Sunday after church. Speaking of Sunday clothes, I learned the meaning of fear one Sunday at Aunt Linda's house when I saw my Dad running at me full speed. I don't know why he was so mad, cause I was just laying face down on the walkway over the irrigation ditch throwing sticks in the water pretending they were boats. It could have been they sent us outside because they had to clean fresh cow milk off of Joe after he had spilled his cereal.
I rarely cleaned my room, but made sure to help myself from the food storage. Those pickle juice drinking contests were a little hard on the ironically green sofa in the basement. No one could figure out why it smelled so funny.
I'm not sure how many repairs were made in his house due to me taking my anger out on the cabinentry or walls. I couldn't help being so mad at Super Mario 3. One of Joe and I's favorite sports was to stand on the door knobs and hold to the top of the door while we swung back and forth. And don't get me started on the towel racks and curtian rods.
Its truly a wonder that any of us lived to adulthood. As if herding us through those first few years of life and marching us into Church each Sunday weren't enough( We sat in the third row every week so Dad could keep an eye on us during meetings. It was so close to the front you had a hard time not noticing the individual's nasal hygene!), they worked hard every day to make ends meet. They gave us an education in hard work, and taught us to be self sufficient. I felt the love and power of the Holy Ghost in our home as I watched Mom read and teach us from the scriptures, and Dad serve in the Church. I am humbled to visit with all the people in the community they have influenced for good.
I will be forever indebted to Mom and Dad and Uncle Dean for the education and employment they offered me. The skills and knowledge I have recieved have put food on my table and provided a vital source of income for my own family, as we navigate through life realizing many of the same challenges I placed before them as a child.
It hurts us all to see you weakened, but I personally will always remember you as an example of strength, as will many. I will never forget the times you stood over my hospital bed and offered blessings in my behalf, or at my side to bless my wife.
I hope that in some way we can offer you the same stength you instilled in us, as you wade through this affliction. And I pray that our Savior will make our burden light as he has my own in these last few days.
I apologize for the lengthyness of this blog booger, and I hope it wasn't too personal, but in a lot of ways I think I speak for all of us. My debts will never be repaid.
I'm afraid if I disclose any more I will have to go get legal representation, so I'll stop kicking this dead horse. We love you guys, and please let us know anything you need.
I just read John's comments, and now that I'm done cryin' I thought that an "AMEN!!! Brother man" was in order... John you must have been up all night. Oh,Ya.. at work, right. You have always been an inspiration, and a spiritual strength. A rock, "steadfast and immovable"... A great big Thank You! to everyone who helped w/ the movin' in. It sounds like Mom is safe and comfortable. To all those who don't know yet, the address is:
2890 Brighton Blvd. Apt# 355 Denver, CO. 80216
She does have a mail box and can recieve mail. (hint, hint...) The phone should be connected this Thursday, and the number is (303)295-0236. Mom is answering her cell phone @ (307)320-8876. Thanks to all, for the thoughts and prayers... The spirit has trully sustained our family this week. Love to all! Darrin
Amen to John's sentiments. I remember eating an entire jar of cherries that I think came from Linda or Corky. And I think I won the beat fight. I had the reddest white t-shirt you have ever seen. I am back in Nebraska and Kirsti is still there with Mom. Please pass this blog on to anyone that may not already know about it. Love, Mark
Dear Lee and Jeri, Hope you are both comfortable and that Lee is in the care of doctors and nurses who will have the inspiration necessary to aid the healing process. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Gary, Gayle and Paige
I sure wish we would have had a something like this set up when Dean had his stroke. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyones letters. I had to wait a little after hearing from your sons. It's a little hard to compose myself sometimes. It takes so much to get me to cry you know. (Ya Right!) Ya know when we were raising our kids together your house was always soooooo much louder than ours. We had mostly girls with your mostly boys. When our girls got in trouble they were just a lttle quieter about it. Even though you had the rough and tumbling loud boys, the thing I have always loved in everyone of them is their tender hearts. That and the fact that they have always humored me with the hugs. And, I hope that never ends. Lee and Jeri, Have you been able to get any rest? How's the food? It sure sounds like they are really qualified people down there, so don't ever hesitate to ask them for anything you need or want. Even if it a little treat like pudding or ice cream, if there is something you really like, and they will let you eat it, by all means ask for it. They usually always have a refrigerator full of snacks and heaven knows you ought to have what ever you can get away with. That means you too Jeri, I used to get the best pudding from them everytime I went back to Casper. I mean, the worst they can tell you is no. Well, better go for now, as always, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya Vivian & Dean
Hey this blog is great! Glad to see more and more of us finding the blog! We sure love you all!
I am a little disturbed to hear about Dad's pole dancing in the hallway. But the doctors did say he needed to get exercise...
Quite frankly, I am horrified at the thought of you boys throwing beats at each other! I vividly recall long hours of hard work, prior to and during the canning season. Diligently working my post, while you of the younger generation displayed a complete lack of self discipline and respect for the very vegetable that sustained our family... Although the hose only goes half way across the road, I "heard", that it does reach all the way through the house... I still, on occasion, get a wierd craving for a shot of pickle juice!!! Always at the table with proper supervision, of course. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it. Darrin (the innocent one)
Hey Mark, Lets see if we can figure out how to post pictures. Suzie and Michelle seem to have it figured out, maybe they would help???
Darrin, you are sooooo NOT innocent. I can't believe the stories you guys are confessing to...you do realize that this has now been documented publicly??? What a crazy bunch of boys! :) I'd be glad to help you post pics. It is very simple. Save your pics onto your computer, in a file you'll be able to find, then you can add them to a New Post or click on Add a Page Element and from there just click on Add to Blog under Picture. Click Browse on your computer and find the file where you stored your pictures and select the one you want to post, then click upload image and it does all the work for you. Not too hard. If you need help call me. :)
Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, I don't know how you survived all the craziness, but you've turned out some really great kids. It is so nice to hear how well they are taking care of you both. We're also glad to hear you're doing well with the chemo. We continue to pray for you and that you will see positive results! Stay strong! Love, Suzie
I don't know how I got my last blog in twice, but I hope you enjoyed reading it. My daughter Jenn called me last night and said, "Mom that was a really nice letter, but did you have to put it in twice?" I guess better twice than not at all. I hope everyone is having a great day. Vivian
Just wanted to let you know that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't get several patients asking about how you are doing. I was in your ward for sacrament this past Sunday and all the members expressed how much they missed you. (Aunt Jeri, soon they will be playing a cd with recorded hymns in your sacrament meeting unless they can find someone who can play the organ:)) We are all missing you here in Rawlins and can't wait for your safe and healthy return.
Hey Lee and Jeri, I had a nice time talking with you. I'm sorry I had to go so quick. I actually have home teachers that come every month! I wanted you to know that I bought a Livestrong bracelet for the first time in honor of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. I am confident that you will beat the cancer. It doesn't know who it's messing with. Unlike us kids, it has never seen your angry face! I am very glad to hear that you haven't had to bring that out on your caregivers. Keep'em dazzled by your looks as long as you can, you'll get more ice cream that way :) I look forward to coming to see you soon. I am hoping next week. I'll call first.
Hi family!!!! How are things going over there in Denver? It's fun reading & keeping up with the blog. All those sweet quiet boys you have, and their deep humility too!!! On a more serious note, they are all good boys and great men & I know they are all truly humble as well. It's nice to hear that you're all set up too Aunt Jeri. What a great idea get a place down there to be at least somewhat "home-ish" We wish you all well we look forward to reading the entries as they come in, as you are always on our minds. Much love to you all and have a wonderful night!!! Jenn & Grant
I just wanted to add a quick thank you, While I was in Denver I was able to see and receive such great acts of love. I am lucky enough to have married into this family and slowly learn about such wonderful people. I can only imagine the scare that both Lee and Jeri have gone through, this has been a very emotional time, but both of them have handled it with such grace and love. They care for each other so much, (the world really needs to know how a marriage should work, concern for the other partner and not just themselves) Both Lee and Jeri just wanted to make sure the other one was being taken care of. I also was able to see the love between children and parents, and not just blood children, but those of us that are children by law. Again it was "what can I do to help you?" None of us are perfect and we show our flaws occasionally(me especially, just ask Dave), but when we need something we can count on family to help us. (physical help, moving into an apartment is not easy! and emotional, just being there when you need to talk) Thank you to all that did so much in Denver! and to all those that have cared and helped from long distances! The apartment is a real blessing, it brings a little bit of "normal" back into a life of uncertainty. (I know it is a lot of work, but it is worth it) I just wanted to also thank Lee and Jeri for being wonderful grandparents to my children. We would read scriptures at night, and Jeri had so much knowledge and love for the scriptures. I can't tell you how much that means to a parent to have help teaching your children the gospel. Lee has so much love for his grandchildren it just shows on his face when you walk into his hospital room. You have always been such wonderful examples, and show love by playing games with them, rocking a baby to sleep, giving yummy treats, and just giving them a hug when they needed it. Thank you!! I guess this wasn't such a "quick" thank you, but I wanted to publicly thank some wonderful people!
grandma and grandpa i feel bad that its taken me so long to post a blog but i have been thinking about you all the time. you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, along with my grandparent's. i love you very much and know that if any two people were going to make it through this it will be you two. you guys are so strong and have such amazing faith. i know that everything will get better. i love you so much paige
It's been 4 or 5 days since we've had a medical update on Lee's condition. Is there any news on how he's feeling or what he's going through? What type of a daioy routine does he have? Just wanted to know, Love ya
Jeri and Lee, We wish you both the best and are praying for you both. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know. Hang in there and keep up the good spirits. We know it is hard but you can do it!!
Hi Uncle Lee, just wanted to wish you a Happy Fathers Day. Glad it was a better day today than yesterday. I am sure that it helps to have family there as well. It's amazing how much family can make a difference just by being there.
This is Shonda finally leaving a post. I just wanted to tell Jeri how much fun I had hanging out with her all week. I am going to be craving Oatmeal with raisins every day now.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped contribute to the setup and furnishing of the apartment. It is a lovely home and it was so nice to be there.
I look forward to when I can come back and "help" some more. Sometimes I forgot that I was helping, because I was having so much fun. I am glad, however, to have all my boys back, I was starting to miss the every 5 minute comment from Mattias that usually annoys me, but I dis miss him. Now that he is healthy we will bring him to see Grandpa and his car invention.
Lee & Jeri, We are so pleased to continue to get good news from your end. We are so happy that the treatments are working so well, and so early. We think of you often and continue to pray. Keep up the good work. Thanks for keeping us posted. All of our love & prayers, Dan & Melissa Brownell
Hey I hope the days are getting easier with all this support you have!! I can't believe it is possible to communicate in such a fashion! I Love you guys and pray for daily- let us know if you need us!! Ryan Sheri & DeNae
We wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We enjoyed reading your blog site. We have checked on you thru Joe and are encouraged with your progress. If you need anything please ask. We are doing well and are keeping busy. We will put your name in the Temple in Vernal this weekend. Love Steve and Sharlene Cherry
Hi, Just thought we'd check in. We haven't been seeing any new updates in quite a while now. We hope all is well with the treatments & that they're not too rough. We love & continue to pray for you all. Jenn & Grant
Dear Lee and Jeri, Know that it must have been great for you to spend a few days at home. (Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home:) We will be remembering you in our prayers as you begin your next round of chemo. Always, Gary, Gayle & Paige
Lee, I hope things go as well for you this round as they did the first. I know a lot of people going through chemo worry about hair loss. I was thinking of you last night and remembered people telling me how their hair came back different than before they lost it. You may want to start thinking about how you want your hair to come back. There are web sites that show you what you would look like with different hair styles, you just have to upload a picture of your face. I would be careful of any pictures the kids take of you. Who knows what they will make you look like? Take care and we are praying for you often! Tracy, Marty, Kara and Kelsey Peterson
Lee & Jeri, Hi was good to talk to you while yow were back in Rawlins. Keep it up - just remember "WHEN IT GET'S TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!" Both of you are tough so hang in there - if anybody can do this you can. Keep up with the good spirit(s), that helps alot. Take care. Da & Melissa
Hi Lee & Jeri, We continue to hear good things about you two. Sure glad that some of it is finally over and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We sure miss seeing you around town and in church. We are doing ok. Take care and continue to hang in there and whip this nasty disease. Jeri if you or Lee need anything give us a shout. Stay safe and God Bless. Dan & Melissa
65 comments:
Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, we just want you to know that you are in our prayers daily and we are sending you our best wishes and most positive energy. Cancer is totally beatable and with the great support you'll have from your family and friends you aren't going to be alone. Stay strong! Love, Suzie
If laughter isn't the best medicine, at least it's a great distraction. Check out 9thwardcartoons.com if you need a pick me up!
Just checkin' out the blogspot... Sweet, I'm totally on board if we are making fun of David.
Good luck in Denver tomorrow.
Uncle Lee- just wanted to let you know you are in our prayers and we are thinking about you lots! Hope everything goes well in Denver tomorrow! we will be checking the blog often for updates! Mark- great idea with the blog! this way we dont have to bug my mom everyday for updates! keep us posted!
(Sorry this automatically posts me as Rob Dog! This is Robyn(Beardshall) and Steve Dahl)
Hi Lee and Jeri! Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. Let us know how things are going in Denver and PLEASE do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything you need.
Much love, Lisa and Family
Hi Lee & Jeri,
We just want you to know that you're in our thoughts and prayers every day!!! Mark, what a great idea this was!!! Poor Dave, leave him alone. Jenn
Uncle Lee, we are constantly thinking of you and will be here for you and your family.
Love, Brian, Roseanne, Lina, Elias, Elyana, and Imahni
Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri,
Sending you much love and prayers wayyy down here in Mississippi!
Love,
Michelle
Thank you for all your comments and support. To Mom and Dad- We love you always.
Cherilyn
Uncle Lee-
Good Luck with your first treatment. We are praying for you!
Love,
Wendy and family
Lee and Jeri,
We are thinking of you and your family. Our prayers are with each of you. Vivian told me about the blog.
Mark, thanks for doing this...it is so nice to know what is happening with Lee.
Love Pat and Ted
"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the pathway of the weak, became a stepping stone in the pathway of the strong.
--Thomas Carlyle
I have been down this road and know well the quality of the strength and determination that come from such experiences.
Best Wishes, Jerry
Just wanted to send our love & support!!! You're in our thoughts & prayers. Dean & Vivian
Mark,
Thanks again for setting this up. What a wonderful way to communicate & stay in touch & informed!!! Vivian
Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, Just wanted you to know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything that we can do on our end please let us know. Love, Cindy
Lee & Jeri:
We are praying for you daily and put your names in the Salt Lake and Jordan River Temples. Please let us know if there is something else we can do. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love,
Roger and Joanne
How did Lee's tests go last night? Are they going to be able to start the Chemo soon? Is Lee feeling any stronger after getting the fluids at the emergency room before he left? Also, is he at the same hospital that he was originally going to start the Chemo? What time in the morning yesterday did this all start? And what was the sequence of the ambulance, plane and helocopter rides? I know I'm full of questions, but being in the medical field for 20 years will do that to you. I love you all and definately care about what's going on. Once again your whole family are in our constant prayers. We hope you have a better day than yesterday.
A special motto we try to live by:
"We don't Believe in Miracles,
We Depend on Them."
All our love,Vivian & Dean
Lee,Jeri,& Family, Ken & I are thinking of you constantly and wish that there is something we could do to help. We wait anxiously for updates. We love you all, RaNae & Ken
I think I might have this figured out! I am at the hospital right now, I am trying to keep germs away from Lee so I am just in the waiting room today. Everything is going really well. Jeri and I are in a Hotel that is not very far away from the Hospital.
Lee looked very good yesterday and as always was more concerned for other that for himself. He was tired from all the excitment but they are taking very good care of him. He is in isolation till they make sure he did't bring any bugs from the other Hospital. They require all of us going in to put on gloves and robes and they remove them when we come out. This is to protect the other patient. I just realized that mabey I should be writing this in the other area instead of in messages, sorry.
They told us they needed to do a few more test and would hopefully start the chemo today. We will post more about that later.
Hi Uncle Lee!!! Glad to hear you're having a much better day today. I have to admit hearing about a family member not feeling well, and being life flighted out puts a damper on your day. It doesn't matter what distractions you might have, your mind automatically reverts back to it wondering, praying & hoping all day. What a relief it is to hear you're having a better day and able to be up & moving around. Keep up the good work. Our family is no secret to receiving miracles. How's aunt Jeri holding up? I think it's always hardest on the spouse. Please give her my love. Jenn
Hey Daddy-o,
I hope your white blood cells are treating you well today, and that you had a nice flight. You know I've always wondered what life flight is like. Do they still do the safety speech before take off? Do they give peanuts or just the oxygen?
Sam and Rosey got buzz cuts today in a show of solidarity. I'm glad that most of the posts have been from well wishers and not Dave makerfunnerof-ers. Of course there is not much to work with...my devastating good looks, superior intelect, chiseled abs, and, of course, deep humility.
Thanks to Mark for setting this up. And Dad, when you get your laptop setup, I don't want you blowing all of your day trading profits on on-line poker.
Lots of love from your favorite Evanstonians!
Live Strong.
How did your first Chemo go? Did you have any bad side effects from it? Have you been able to get any rest. I know all the "Well-Do-ers" keep interupting any rest you might be trying to get. I think there is someone who stands "Look-Out" to see it you're resting and they signal others to come and bug you. I just know it! I think it's a conspiracy, don't you? You are always on my mind and I wish I could be there to give Jeri Hugs and Support. Mostly the hugs, cause I'm the "Designated Hugger in the family". Once again please remember you are all in our thoughts and prayers and we love you! Vivian
Hi Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri! I just barely got Mark's e-mail with the blog address and I am so glad that he started this! We too and thinking of you and praying for you! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I don't know if you have to replace the stores of blood or platelets that they give you, I've heard of people having to do that before, if you do, just let us know how you have to do it and we will be happy to help. Love, Heidi Grimshaw
Jeri, It was so nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are being taken care of. Because It didn't only happen to Lee, It happened to you too. Please take care of yourself so you don't get sick. I care, cause I been there. Love ya, Vivian
I just finished reading Suzie's suggestion for the 9th ward cartoons. I'm still teary eyed from laughing so much!!! They were great. Thanks for throwing that out thers Suz!!! Uncle Lee, Glad to hear you're in good spirits as well as Aunt Jeri. We'll look forward to visiting as we can. Have a wonderful night, Jenn
Dear Ones,
I enjoyed talking to Jeri this morning. Stu is very concerned and asks if I've heard from you every day. I let the Youngs know about the blog so you should be hearing more from them soon. Of course we send prayers to heaven for you and fasted as a family. I can't help but think that the beautiful green we are enjoying is the color for healing. We couldn't ask for more. I would like to know how we can help with the apartment or the bills. Do the kids have an account set up or anything?
Love, Dawn
Hey Lee and Jeri,
Just wanted you to know that my family's thoughts and prayers are with you. We are just an hour away in the Springs. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. If it is OK sometime next week I would like to come up and say hi. I am not sure of the hospital protocol however. I will try to call and check in.
Much Love,
Mike, Risa and Patrick...unborn baby sends love too!
I hope you are holding up well in the hospital. I know it can be hard being all cooped up. It sounds like you are in a great facility and that everyone is taking great care of you. If it's any consolation, it is cold and windy in Wyoming today. Have a great day.
Love, Lisa and Family
Papa San,
I'm glad mom and the doctors think you're gorgeous. I hope you like the shirts. They didn't have the right size for the AC/DC shirts. I was bummed. But...just for the record, For those about to rock, I salute you.
We feel a little guilty about going on vacation, but we are grateful you are doing so well.
My voice is back, so I hope I'll be able to stop in when we get back.
Well Dad, you are gorgeous. We love you.
Live Strong.
Our love and prayers are with all of you, you Lee and your family. We pray for you everyday. Hang in there, love Jean and Ed Elswood
I just found out about the blog. This is a great idea. I just wanted you to know that I love you and that we are praying for you.
Love Elaine and Kimball
hey lee & jeri
we're here and loving you
back again,
have you ever thought about the word blog?
it sounds like something you said while using a finger and your nose!!
From Max and Linda We have been to the blog site and read everything. We are very grateful that this is set up. We spent last evening with Kotters at a common friend's wedding. They are concerned too, and when I finish, I will call and be sure that they know about the site. We have had you in our prayers, all of you. So glad to hear that you, Lee, are doing better. The positive news uplifts us with hope. ALooks like they have a good plan for you. Max, of course wants to not bother you but share with you some of the things he has learned. He wants Mark to look up the following things on the internet and give the information to Lee when he is interested. It is all things that have helped him. It is all stuff that makes your immune system work its best so that you can fight the cancer. Some actually fights the cancer. He suggests #1 that Mark look up Dr. JoAnna Budwig, a German biophysicist and her work. Basically she recommends flax seed oil mixed with cottage cheese or yogurt. (Linda's comment: The whole world now is beginning to see the link between the wrong kinds of fats and inflammation and disease. Flaxseed oil is one of the better omega3, monounsaturated fats.)
#2 Look up the powerful effects of antioxidants in natural foods.
#3 Wheat grass juice as a cancer fighter.
#4 Garlic, ditto
#5 Avoid saturated fats like a plague. Avoid refined sugars. Avoid trans fats. They will feed you marjarine in the hospital. Leave it alone.
If you, Mark, will just spend a little time collecting the best of what is out there and print it out for your dad, Max will be oh so grateful.
Jeri, when you have time and want to talk, give me a buzz and I will visit with you, or both of you as long as you like. I found that when Max has been severely ill, that I have been unable to do much else except be there with him. I think the kids are wonderful to have set up the apartment for you. Our Heavenly Father will bless them as they bless you.
So I figured I would take a few minutes out of my rigorous work routine and make a note to Mom and Dad about how much I apreciate what THEY've done for ME.
I thought I might start with mentioning the fact that they gave me life. I guess that is a pretty important one because I would not be writing this if they hadn't.
I find myself wondering if they had any doubts as I was growing in the womb about what they were thinking and how they were ever going to make the house payment or put food on the table. I wonder how many nights Dad stumbled out of bed at unholy hours of the morning only to find a stinky present in my diaper. I wonder how many times I peed on my mother before she silently cursed me under her breath. Later in life I acommodated them by relieving myself in the garbage can or on Mr Keel's trees.
Dad never had a tool in his tool box, and spoons mysteriously disapeared becuase, as you know, these items make precise digging instruments. Don't worry, we threw the real digging tools over Mr Keel's fence or onto the roof in order to get out of digging dandelions.
I remember spray painting the wall of the garage, because red was such a vibrant color, and the garden hose only stretched to about the middle of the street, after that you had to drop the hose and make an alternative evasive action.
Oh the times we had throwing beets and dirt clods, whatever happened to be available. And I made sure to throw my "dry clean only" suit into the laundry hamper each Sunday after church. Speaking of Sunday clothes, I learned the meaning of fear one Sunday at Aunt Linda's house when I saw my Dad running at me full speed. I don't know why he was so mad, cause I was just laying face down on the walkway over the irrigation ditch throwing sticks in the water pretending they were boats. It could have been they sent us outside because they had to clean fresh cow milk off of Joe after he had spilled his cereal.
I rarely cleaned my room, but made sure to help myself from the food storage. Those pickle juice drinking contests were a little hard on the ironically green sofa in the basement. No one could figure out why it smelled so funny.
I'm not sure how many repairs were made in his house due to me taking my anger out on the cabinentry or walls. I couldn't help being so mad at Super Mario 3. One of Joe and I's favorite sports was to stand on the door knobs and hold to the top of the door while we swung back and forth. And don't get me started on the towel racks and curtian rods.
Its truly a wonder that any of us lived to adulthood. As if herding us through those first few years of life and marching us into Church each Sunday weren't enough( We sat in the third row every week so Dad could keep an eye on us during meetings. It was so close to the front you had a hard time not noticing the individual's nasal hygene!), they worked hard every day to make ends meet. They gave us an education in hard work, and taught us to be self sufficient. I felt the love and power of the Holy Ghost in our home as I watched Mom read and teach us from the scriptures, and Dad serve in the Church. I am humbled to visit with all the people in the community they have influenced for good.
I will be forever indebted to Mom and Dad and Uncle Dean for the education and employment they offered me. The skills and knowledge I have recieved have put food on my table and provided a vital source of income for my own family, as we navigate through life realizing many of the same challenges I placed before them as a child.
It hurts us all to see you weakened, but I personally will always remember you as an example of strength, as will many. I will never forget the times you stood over my hospital bed and offered blessings in my behalf, or at my side to bless my wife.
I hope that in some way we can offer you the same stength you instilled in us, as you wade through this affliction. And I pray that our Savior will make our burden light as he has my own in these last few days.
I apologize for the lengthyness of this blog booger, and I hope it wasn't too personal, but in a lot of ways I think I speak for all of us. My debts will never be repaid.
I'm afraid if I disclose any more I will have to go get legal representation, so I'll stop kicking this dead horse. We love you guys, and please let us know anything you need.
love your son,
John R.
I just read John's comments, and now that I'm done cryin' I thought that an "AMEN!!! Brother man" was in order... John you must have been up all night. Oh,Ya.. at work, right. You have always been an inspiration, and a spiritual strength. A rock, "steadfast and immovable"...
A great big Thank You! to everyone who helped w/ the movin' in. It sounds like Mom is safe and comfortable. To all those who don't know yet, the address is:
2890 Brighton Blvd. Apt# 355
Denver, CO. 80216
She does have a mail box and can recieve mail. (hint, hint...)
The phone should be connected this Thursday, and the number is (303)295-0236. Mom is answering her cell phone @ (307)320-8876.
Thanks to all, for the thoughts and prayers... The spirit has trully sustained our family this week. Love to all!
Darrin
Amen to John's sentiments. I remember eating an entire jar of cherries that I think came from Linda or Corky. And I think I won the beat fight. I had the reddest white t-shirt you have ever seen. I am back in Nebraska and Kirsti is still there with Mom. Please pass this blog on to anyone that may not already know about it.
Love,
Mark
Dear Lee and Jeri,
Hope you are both comfortable and that Lee is in the care of doctors and nurses who will have the inspiration necessary to aid the healing process. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Gary, Gayle and Paige
I sure wish we would have had a something like this set up when Dean had his stroke. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyones letters. I had to wait a little after hearing from your sons. It's a little hard to compose myself sometimes. It takes so much to get me to cry you know. (Ya Right!) Ya know when we were raising our kids together your house was always soooooo much louder than ours. We had mostly girls with your mostly boys. When our girls got in trouble they were just a lttle quieter about it. Even though you had the rough and tumbling loud boys, the thing I have always loved in everyone of them is their tender hearts. That and the fact that they have always humored me with the hugs. And, I hope that never ends.
Lee and Jeri, Have you been able to get any rest? How's the food? It sure sounds like they are really qualified people down there, so don't ever hesitate to ask them for anything you need or want. Even if it a little treat like pudding or ice cream, if there is something you really like, and they will let you eat it, by all means ask for it. They usually always have a refrigerator full of snacks and heaven knows you ought to have what ever you can get away with. That means you too Jeri, I used to get the best pudding from them everytime I went back to Casper. I mean, the worst they can tell you is no. Well, better go for now, as always, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya Vivian & Dean
Hey this blog is great! Glad to see more and more of us finding the blog! We sure love you all!
I am a little disturbed to hear about Dad's pole dancing in the hallway. But the doctors did say he needed to get exercise...
Quite frankly, I am horrified at the thought of you boys throwing beats at each other! I vividly recall long hours of hard work, prior to and during the canning season. Diligently working my post, while you of the younger generation displayed a complete lack of self discipline and respect for the very vegetable that sustained our family...
Although the hose only goes half way across the road, I "heard", that it does reach all the way through the house...
I still, on occasion, get a wierd craving for a shot of pickle juice!!! Always at the table with proper supervision, of course.
Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Darrin (the innocent one)
Hey Mark, Lets see if we can figure out how to post pictures. Suzie and Michelle seem to have it figured out, maybe they would help???
Darrin, you are sooooo NOT innocent. I can't believe the stories you guys are confessing to...you do realize that this has now been documented publicly??? What a crazy bunch of boys! :) I'd be glad to help you post pics. It is very simple. Save your pics onto your computer, in a file you'll be able to find, then you can add them to a New Post or click on Add a Page Element and from there just click on Add to Blog under Picture. Click Browse on your computer and find the file where you stored your pictures and select the one you want to post, then click upload image and it does all the work for you. Not too hard. If you need help call me. :)
Uncle Lee and Aunt Jeri, I don't know how you survived all the craziness, but you've turned out some really great kids. It is so nice to hear how well they are taking care of you both. We're also glad to hear you're doing well with the chemo. We continue to pray for you and that you will see positive results! Stay strong!
Love, Suzie
I don't know how I got my last blog in twice, but I hope you enjoyed reading it. My daughter Jenn called me last night and said, "Mom that was a really nice letter, but did you have to put it in twice?" I guess better twice than not at all. I hope everyone is having a great day. Vivian
Just wanted to let you know that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't get several patients asking about how you are doing. I was in your ward for sacrament this past Sunday and all the members expressed how much they missed you. (Aunt Jeri, soon they will be playing a cd with recorded hymns in your sacrament meeting unless they can find someone who can play the organ:)) We are all missing you here in Rawlins and can't wait for your safe and healthy return.
Love Brian and family
Hey Lee and Jeri,
I had a nice time talking with you. I'm sorry I had to go so quick. I actually have home teachers that come every month! I wanted you to know that I bought a Livestrong bracelet for the first time in honor of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. I am confident that you will beat the cancer. It doesn't know who it's messing with. Unlike us kids, it has never seen your angry face! I am very glad to hear that you haven't had to bring that out on your caregivers. Keep'em dazzled by your looks as long as you can, you'll get more ice cream that way :) I look forward to coming to see you soon. I am hoping next week. I'll call first.
Hi family!!!!
How are things going over there in Denver? It's fun reading & keeping up with the blog. All those sweet quiet boys you have, and their deep humility too!!! On a more serious note, they are all good boys and great men & I know they are all truly humble as well. It's nice to hear that you're all set up too Aunt Jeri. What a great idea get a place down there to be at least somewhat "home-ish" We wish you all well we look forward to reading the entries as they come in, as you are always on our minds. Much love to you all and have a wonderful night!!! Jenn & Grant
I just wanted to add a quick thank you, While I was in Denver I was able to see and receive such great acts of love. I am lucky enough to have married into this family and slowly learn about such wonderful people.
I can only imagine the scare that both Lee and Jeri have gone through, this has been a very emotional time, but both of them have handled it with such grace and love. They care for each other so much, (the world really needs to know how a marriage should work, concern for the other partner and not just themselves) Both Lee and Jeri just wanted to make sure the other one was being taken care of.
I also was able to see the love between children and parents, and not just blood children, but those of us that are children by law. Again it was "what can I do to help you?" None of us are perfect and we show our flaws occasionally(me especially, just ask Dave), but when we need something we can count on family to help us. (physical help, moving into an apartment is not easy! and emotional, just being there when you need to talk)
Thank you to all that did so much in Denver! and to all those that have cared and helped from long distances! The apartment is a real blessing, it brings a little bit of "normal" back into a life of uncertainty. (I know it is a lot of work, but it is worth it)
I just wanted to also thank Lee and Jeri for being wonderful grandparents to my children. We would read scriptures at night, and Jeri had so much knowledge and love for the scriptures. I can't tell you how much that means to a parent to have help teaching your children the gospel. Lee has so much love for his grandchildren it just shows on his face when you walk into his hospital room. You have always been such wonderful examples, and show love by playing games with them, rocking a baby to sleep, giving yummy treats, and just giving them a hug when they needed it. Thank you!!
I guess this wasn't such a "quick" thank you, but I wanted to publicly thank some wonderful people!
grandma and grandpa i feel bad that its taken me so long to post a blog but i have been thinking about you all the time. you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, along with my grandparent's. i love you very much and know that if any two people were going to make it through this it will be you two. you guys are so strong and have such amazing faith. i know that everything will get better. i love you so much
paige
It's been 4 or 5 days since we've had a medical update on Lee's condition. Is there any news on how he's feeling or what he's going through? What type of a daioy routine does he have? Just wanted to know, Love ya
I hate it when the computer spells a word wrong. That was supposed to be daily routine.
Jeri and Lee,
We wish you both the best and are praying for you both. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know. Hang in there and keep up the good spirits. We know it is hard but you can do it!!
Love,
Dan and Melissa
Hi Uncle Lee, just wanted to wish you a Happy Fathers Day. Glad it was a better day today than yesterday. I am sure that it helps to have family there as well. It's amazing how much family can make a difference just by being there.
Take Care,
Cindy
This is Shonda finally leaving a post. I just wanted to tell Jeri how much fun I had hanging out with her all week. I am going to be craving Oatmeal with raisins every day now.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped contribute to the setup and furnishing of the apartment. It is a lovely home and it was so nice to be there.
I look forward to when I can come back and "help" some more. Sometimes I forgot that I was helping, because I was having so much fun. I am glad, however, to have all my boys back, I was starting to miss the every 5 minute comment from Mattias that usually annoys me, but I dis miss him. Now that he is healthy we will bring him to see Grandpa and his car invention.
Love to Lee and Jeri. We will see you soon.
Shonda Jo
Lee & Jeri, We are so pleased to continue to get good news from your end. We are so happy that the treatments are working so well, and so early. We think of you often and continue to pray. Keep up the good work. Thanks for keeping us posted. All of our love & prayers, Dan & Melissa Brownell
I just wanted to see if I could add a picture? Rylee is very mad so I can't write long, but love all you guys. Kirsti
Hey I hope the days are getting easier with all this support you have!! I can't believe it is possible to communicate in such a fashion! I Love you guys and pray for daily- let us know if you need us!! Ryan Sheri & DeNae
We wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We enjoyed reading your blog site. We have checked on you thru Joe and are encouraged with your progress. If you need anything please ask. We are doing well and are keeping busy. We will put your name in the Temple in Vernal this weekend.
Love Steve and Sharlene Cherry
Hi, Just thought we'd check in. We haven't been seeing any new updates in quite a while now. We hope all is well with the treatments & that they're not too rough. We love & continue to pray for you all. Jenn & Grant
Dear Lee and Jeri,
Know that it must have been great for you to spend a few days at home. (Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home:)
We will be remembering you in our prayers as you begin your next round of chemo.
Always, Gary, Gayle & Paige
Lee,
I hope things go as well for you this round as they did the first. I know a lot of people going through chemo worry about hair loss. I was thinking of you last night and remembered people telling me how their hair came back different than before they lost it. You may want to start thinking about how you want your hair to come back. There are web sites that show you what you would look like with different hair styles, you just have to upload a picture of your face. I would be careful of any pictures the kids take of you. Who knows what they will make you look like? Take care and we are praying for you often!
Tracy, Marty, Kara and Kelsey Peterson
Lee & Jeri, Hi was good to talk to you while yow were back in Rawlins. Keep it up - just remember "WHEN IT GET'S TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!" Both of you are tough so hang in there - if anybody can do this you can. Keep up with the good spirit(s), that helps alot. Take care. Da & Melissa
Hi Lee & Jeri, We continue to hear good things about you two. Sure glad that some of it is finally over and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We sure miss seeing you around town and in church. We are doing ok. Take care and continue to hang in there and whip this nasty disease. Jeri if you or Lee need anything give us a shout. Stay safe and God Bless. Dan & Melissa
Post a Comment